Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hair Dye Day!

That dreaded time always comes when the root colour to hair colour to fade colour ratio is nearing equal... time to dye. I've had red hair for about 3 years now, went from violet > maroon > red and now it's and combination of those three. Here's what it's usually like:



While Megan and I were at Sally's yesterday, I bought some new hair dye, something I don't normally use. Typically I just use a box dye because unfortunately my bank account doesn't spare me much change for a salon dye, but at Sally's I bought two bottles of colour and a bottle of developer. I bought this colour and used this developer. I have rather long hair so I needed two bottles of colour, but I ended up having some extra unused colour after my hair was saturated. Here's my awful roots before and then while I was letting it develop:



I actually liked this dye, I wasn't 100% happy with the colour, I was hoping for more of a maroon-y colour, but it turned out to be more of a copper-y colour. Oh well, now I know for next time. Which, speaking of, we all know that red hair tends to fade rather fast, well here's a hair colour TIP: use pigment conditioner! This is a colour depositing conditioner that helps keep the vibrance of your colour alive for longer. I use the Chi Organics Tone and Shine in Red Mahogany. Once a week I'll give my hair a 30 minute treatment, and ever other time I shower I typically let it sit for about 5 minutes before I rinse it. It is honestly a life and hair saver! I can extend my hair dyeing almost 3 months longer because of it. 

In the end I got a pretty red, and the more I look at it, the more it grows on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment